Thursday 7 May 2015

Evaluation Question 3: What have you learned from your audience feedback?



Film and Production Feedback
In the development of both my Production logo and Film logo, I asked my target audience ,who were between the ages of 15-25, what they thought of the logos. They gave me both good and bad things about them. With the good things given, I developed on the ideas to make them better. For example, Dan said that the colour of the blood was good and that it gave my film logo seem like it was from a horror film, to make it look like more of a horror film and to make it stand out, I decided to use the colour of the blood for the Hashtag, this would make it stand out from the rest of the text allowing people to see that the film has a social networking side of it. I also got told that the computer was a bad idea and that he didn't really see the point, this made me remove the computer to just have the word 'SL#TAG'. This ended up becoming much more affective as it is a catchy name and also looks better than the original idea, it also came across as being a much more affective horror logo as having a computer in the background made it look childish and more of a gaming film and not a slasher horror. The Production logo was very successful within my target audeince, they found it very eye catching, it was also clear to them and they also found it very simple which is what I was looking to do. Helen, who was one of my target audience, found that the font was exactly the right size for people with bad eyeslight which is good as they will be able to read it easily.

Plot Feedback
I interview Emily about my plot who is 17 and is part of my target audience. Emily found that the film was very unexpected, by this she meant that you never would have guessed that at the beginning of the film, Nathan would have been the masked character and would end up killing all of bullies. She also found that the film was very secretive, none of the bullies had any suspicion that the masked character was Nathan. However, Emily also had something bad about the plot which she didn't enjoy. She found that having a murder scene in the school wouldn't be very effective. I then acted on this and decided against putting this in my trailer. This helped me as it would have been very hard to film what I had initially written in my plot.

Ancillary Text Feedback
I found the feedback from my ancillary texts very useful. Most of the people asked didn't that I had used the same picture on all of my products, I decided to change all of my pictures to completely different and new pictures, I now feel that they give a better affect to my products as you actually see some of the places during my trailer. Even the smallest of feedback can help, Angus suggested that having the star rating in the middle of the page, on my Billboard, would make it look more symmetrical, I acted upon his suggestion and it made it look better than originally. Luke told me that on the DVD Cover he didn't like that 'Bullies Get Bullied' down the right of the page, I decided to put it above my Film Logo which I also moved to the middle of the page as this is also something that was mentioned by Luke. This lead to me moving the names of the actors to the top of the page which is something Luke and Hannah told me would look better.

Trailer Feedback















Of the people that said no, most of them suggested that the film needed more sound effects to make it feel more realistic, for example, when the draw is opening to get the knife out. I also got told that the intertitles didn't look very good and they would look better if the text was moving. Most of the the people who watched the trailer told me how they didn't like how there was only one song playing through the whole trailer and suggested that I had a calmer and slower paced tune at the beginning so that when the clips starts to get more dramatic, the must will also.


I have learnt that getting feedback from your target audience is very useful. Everything they said helped me rather develop on the ideas I already had or to improve my products as they thought something would look better in a different place or not having it at all.












No comments:

Post a Comment